APPALLING COMPANY - AVOID ONTHEBEACH!!!!!

Guest's review of On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“APPALLING COMPANY - AVOID ONTHEBEACH!!!!!”

Written on: 08/02/2013

My family (a party of 6 adults 4 children) attempted to book a 5* all inclusive holiday in Lanzarote for October 2013 with this company. After 4 days of hell, we decided to book through Thomas Cook. DAY 1 (Sunday): Chose onthebeach as the prices seemed highly competitive. At first the booking seemed very straight forward and I was advised to await confirmation email. So far so good. DAY 2 (My father received a phone call advising our accomodation was no longer available. My dad asked if there were any other room types available and was advised there were no rooms. Offered another hotel but decided to cancel. We then received an email stating we had cancelled because the price had changed. NOT TRUE!! Phoned back and got someone else who said there were plenty of rooms available, but the flights had now gone up £30 a head. Agreed to proceed as we loved the hotel. Awaited confirmation of booking. DAY 2: No phone call. Phoned and spoke to someone who said there was a problem getting flights confirmed. They couldn't get through to the flight operator. Offered alternative flights on another day. Not suitable so waited. No callback. DAY 3: More of the same couldn't confirm flights but would call back. Didn't!!! DAY4: Phoned to ask what was happening. Advised they didn't have our details and we'd need to start process again as we'd need to deal with their sales team and they would need everything from the beginning. Started again and the holiday had jumped from originally £6000 to £7200. From this experience I had zero confidence that we would ever get on holiday even if a booking ever reached confirmation stage. What was infuriating more than anything was the complete lack of regard or respect for the customer each of these individuals displayed as they either lied, or appeared disinterested in our custom. I'm not sure if it is incompetence or disinterest, and I'm not sure which is worse but I will never use this company and I'll advise my friends and family to steer clear too. On day 5 I phoned Thomas Cook, spoke to a wonderful guy who got our holiday sorted stress free and booked in just over an hour. I'll be giving his name to my friends.

Visit onthebeach.co.uk