Change of airline at the last minute!

Iananna's review of Olympic Holidays - www.olympicholidays.com

“Change of airline at the last minute! ”

Written on: 23/09/2013 by Iananna (1 review written)

Im a nervous flyer and like to read about the airline beforehand and prepare myself ! Two days before departure we were told that we were no longer flying with travel services but small planet! This caused me to panic a bit but on checking reviews again got reassured and although a bit annoyed that we hadnt been advised and i had to check with olympic myself ! at the same time was told that although we had booked well in advance we were all getting tickets on departure! Btw ..We booked our holiday to Rhodes with family staying at cosmopolitan mareblue on the 11th of August. Not a good start i thought! My fears confirmed... Flew from jersey to gatwick went straight to desk to pick up tickets, we were told to check in at small planet desk, 2 hrs of queeing small planet informed me that they didnt have a plane going to rhodes! My first panic attack and my children were very distressed at the state i was in. Went back to the agents desk , to have it confirmed that indeed the charter aircraft had been cancelled even though two hours before we picked up tickets with small planet on them! On asking who we were flying with i was told that we were flying with air bucharest! How i didnt pass out was a miracle! Romanian airline who i had never heard of! On checking the internet was told that they had one aircraft to their name and had never flewn to rhodes before! I refused to travel and had to be held up by my husband as i had another massive panic attack! I tried to get seats with thomas cook or easy jet the following day but both fights were full. My children were in bits. The girl at the desk was very understanding but explained that it was beyond her control. . I could not bare to see my children so upset at missing their holiday so i decided to go ahead. It so happened that the flight was ok and the staff were lovely, the aircraft was also clean and comfortable. The safety aspect really bothered me, i got to rhodes and due to the trauma i had lost my voice! It was a really awful experience! I will never, ever travel with Olympic holidays again. Rhodes was lovely and the hotel was as expected just the travelling.

Visit olympicholidays.com

Olympic.holidays's Response to Iananna's Review

Written on: 25/09/2013

Hi,
Thanks you for taking the time to post this review.
We are extremely sorry to read about the distress that you and your family went through as a result of the flight changes. Regrettably there were Airline operational problems this season that were beyond our control, which we were not happy about either. We can however assure you that Olympic have already made changes to improve the flying programme for 2014, where it was necessary – our Gatwick flying to Rhodes as well as to Corfu, Crete, Skiathos, Zante and Larnaca will now operate with Travel Service; who are Europe’s leading leisure Airline, using a brand new next generation Boeing 737-800, with an excellent record of punctuality and a quality service.
Thanks,