Spoilt 60th birthday holiday

LovelyLinda's review of Olympic Holidays - www.olympicholidays.com

“Spoilt 60th birthday holiday”

Written on: 19/06/2013 by LovelyLinda (1 review written)

I picked Olympic for their repretation in the holiday industry regarding Greek Islands.

I paid £350.00 each in January to secure the accommodation and flight time I wanted - ie early flights.

A week before departure we had a letter changing the flight by 6 hours to an afternoon flight. - this meant that we did not get to our accommodation until 1.30 am - lossing a complete days holiday.

For this pleasure I then watched the price of my hols on the internet go down to £187.00 pp. You also changed at this time the flight company.

We arrived at Gatwick to see on the monitors that our flight had then been cancelled.

Then to be informed that another airline would be taking us - but with a further 1 hour delay - so at this stage we had been given 3 airlines that you were using - did not cunjour up much faith!!!

Then on return - guess what - the airline we were ment to go on was not on the board - we were going with another airline - again 2 hours late.

At this point I felt that Olympic had lost the plot and were basically just clutching at straws and trying at the last minute to secure any plane that they could get their hands on.

For this unsettling reason I would not in any way use you again.

We watched Monarch, Easy Jet, Jet 2. Thomson all go off on time.

Get your act together or you will loose a lot of custom - all ther people on both our flights were unhappy - and all saying that we did not experience a stress free holiday.

I felt that I paid top price money (full brochure price) for night flights - and being an older traveller the first full day we were there - ie our seccond day we were just too tired to do anything.

Comments please

Visit olympicholidays.com

Sammcdevitt's Response to LovelyLinda's Review

Written on: 20/06/2013

The same thing happened to us, we flew Gatwick to Zante 9th-16th June, flight changed on way out to air mediteranee (something like that!) and then cancelled again on way back and we lost half of our last day in Zante and we flew back to Manchester then put on a minibus to Gatwick, 14 hours later we arrived home. The Olympic rep told us that Small Planet keep cancelling all the flights and they think they may be going bust. I have used Olympic a few times before and have never had a problem but I think they are going to have a lot of problems this season (they used to use Monarch airlines). They did not deal with us very well either, they were rude and unhelpful, will not use them again :( Have you written for compensation, unlikely they'll give anything?

olympicholidays.com