Lack of transparency in car hire fees - beware!!

Perryrooke's review of Netflights www.netflights.com

“Lack of transparency in car hire fees - beware!!”

Written on: 25/09/2013 by Perryrooke (1 review written)

We booked a hire car through Netflights in May 2013, to pick up in Washington and drop off in Orlando. When collecting the car from Alamo, we were informed that there was a one-way fee of $300 to pay.

I was under the impression that we had booked an all-inclusive price with Netflights and when I contacted them on return, they were very off-hand with me and insisted that the drop-off fee was in their terms and conditions.

Nowhere was a drop-off fee mentioned in any information I received from Netflights and I eventually found it mentioned in the Alamo T&C's.

This is a very misleading practice and it cannot be beyond the capability of Netflights to include an option for different drop-off location in their online quotes - just as other providers do! At least then we would have been comparing like for like when looking at prices and would not have had an un-budgetted expense when we arrived in USA.

We have used Netflights many times over the last few years for flights and car hire, but they have lost a customer now due to their poor handling of my complaint and probably several others after I have spraed the word.

Visit netflights.com