Took £6000 & refused to honour the holiday

ethan9482's review of Lowcostholidays.com - www.lowcostholidays.com

“Took £6000 and refused to honour the holiday”

Written on: 27/06/2014 by ethan9482 (1 review written)

Have used them a few times and on the most recent occasion I tried to book at trip to the US through their site, it crashed and the booking failed. Despite me contacting them and them checking the card to make sure it had not been authorised they continued to take payment, 3 times without my authority. They can't explain how they did it. Was told I would get a refund which I did however it was for the wrong amount.

They will not reimburse the charges from the bank as they say they have processed the refund and it's not their fault it takes 5 days, however agree they shouldn't have taken it in the first place.

They won't honour the holiday and said initially that the price didn't exist and it was a computer glitch, I challenged them asking why they debited my account for that amount and they said it was that the computer thought it was for 2 people not 4. I then produced the quote they emailed confirming that couldn't be the case and they agree again it's their fault but won't do anything.

Currently still out of pocket, pursuing them legally for it. Would absolutely say if you can book fine the holidays are what you make them and the prices are good on the face of it, however it would appear they are now doing as other web based companies do and selling holidays that don't exist to get you on the phone.

Very disappointed.

Visit lowcostholidays.com

Lowcostholidays.com's Response to ethan9482's Review

Written on: 27/06/2014

Hello Ross

I am deeply sorry for your experience with us so far and I hope that the situation is resolved as soon as possible. We usually have positive feedback from our customers and we pride ourselves on this. Going by the feedback we have from our customers, I can assure you that your situation is most unusual and not at all common. By reading your review, I can see that you have our contact details

Stephen

Ethan9482's reply to Lowcostholidays.com's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2014

Unsurprisingly I have tried to contact you already. Whilst I appreciate you taking to time to reply to online reviews to defend the company, the time could perhaps be better spent rectifying the problem and returning my money.

lowcostholidays.com