Monica Isabel Beach Club

JimMilligan9a's review of Lowcostholidays.com - www.lowcostholidays.com

“Monica Isabel Beach Club”

Written on: 11/06/2014 by JimMilligan9a (1 review written)

The up side of this holiday was that the resort was clean, the food was reasonable and the weather was good. The down side and there were a few are mentioned below.The whole resort is 'tired' and in good need of a massive refurb. The paint is peeling off walls, there are very many cracked/broken/worn floor tiles. the furniture in the apartments is minimalistic and has seen better days, with a distinct lack of storage space. The facilities in the 'kitchen' are virtually non-existent. The sun beds round the main outdoor pool were an accident waiting to happen. In any other resort they would have been thrown out.The staff were not very welcoming. The vast majority of the entertainment was aimed/directed at the French guests, with no acknowledgement to any other nationality, and to be expected to drink from a plastic cup made me feel as though I was at a children's party. When talking to people/traders outside of the resort I did not hear one good word about Monica Isabel Beach Club, with a number suggesting it might be in financial problems. If I had known all these things before I would not have booked. In saying all this we enjoyed what we saw of Portugal and would love to return, just not to Monica Isabel Beach Club.

Visit lowcostholidays.com

Lowcostholidays.com's Response to JimMilligan9a's Review

Written on: 12/06/2014

We apologise that your accommodation did not live up to expectations. If you would like us to investigate further you can email us.

Kind Regards
Natalie

Jimmilligan9A's reply to Lowcostholidays.com's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2014

Yes I would like it looked into. not just pay it lip service by replying to my review. Its pretty obvious that not a lot of research goes into including resorts on your web site. It strikes me as though the only way you get to hear of problems is when somebody like me writes a less than favourable report.

lowcostholidays.com