Punta del Rey

Guest's review of Lowcostholidays.com - www.lowcostholidays.com

“Punta del Rey”

Written on: 23/02/2014

My holiday was booked through low cost holidays, on a price buster 4 star holiday. i was informed 2 days before traveling where my hotel would be, the Hotel Punta del Rey, Santa Cruz. The staff were very friendly whilst booking my holiday, but once this was completed and having contacted them once again, with regards to information on the resort, The hotel is in the middle of no where, I was told that the beach was near the hotel, yes it was, but far from sandy. (Volcanic ash). I also asked about the centre and I was told that there was a shopping centre there, Guess what.... there wasn't.. My transfers were also booked through low cost holidays at 83 euro's and on confirming this the price suddenly escalated to 143 euro's. The food at the hotel was barely luke warm and that was every meal, the sweets were the same every evening with a different topping. I would certainly not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you intend to stay were you are. Not a holiday that I would like to repeat.
Not a happy customer.

Visit lowcostholidays.com

Lowcostholidays.com's Comment

Written on: 24/02/2014

Hello,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your holiday. We do advise before making your booking, that you will be given the details of your hotel a few days before you travel and that we are choosing your hotel for you. Therefore, you were aware that you would not be able to check the hotel to make sure you liked it before going ahead and booking. I am not sure why you were quoted 83 euros for the transfer and then 143. However, we would never charge our customers more than what we have quoted them so if you accepted the price increase, unfortunately we would not be able to do anything about this. The prices we offer you are given to us by our suppliers, so if the price for the transfer went up, this was out of our control. We take our customer's reviews seriously, so we will be taking your comments into account, including those about the hotel service not being good.
I do apologise once again for the negative experience you have had when booking with us and I would recommend choosing your hotel next time, as price busters and secret hotels are not always be the best option for everyone.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with and thanks again for booking your holiday with us.

Kind Regards,
Alicia

Ver1953's Comment

Written on: 25/02/2014

I would just like to add that when I requested transfers that your representative offered to do the transfers on my behalf because I could not access the site. She did quote me 83 euro's and once she had completed the transaction with my details I was told that it would be 143 euro"s. Also, I asked your representative after receiving the booking for details of the hotel, which I was assured that there were ameneties close by, and also that there was a shopping centre in close proximity. None of these reports were found to be true. I would suggest that your representatives have a better knowledge in future of what they are portraying. Everyone that I had contact with at the hotel that had booked with low cost holidays had the same view as myself. Very disappointed and disillusioned.

Lowcostholidays.com's Comment

Written on: 27/02/2014

Hi,

Thank you for responding to this comment, I am sorry to hear about your disappointment and disillusioned towards our company. If you could provide me your booking reference number for me to take a look at your booking.

Kind regards,
Kristine

Ver1953's Comment

Written on: 27/02/2014

Hi,

Please find my booking reference 6542715 as per your request.
Regards