Lowcostholidays.com - www.lowcostholidays.com Review

Guest's review of Lowcostholidays.com - www.lowcostholidays.com

“We had originally booked in January 2013 through...”

Written on: 09/10/2013

We had originally booked in January 2013 through Lowcostholiday.com, a Christmas vacation hotel in Benidorm, as we do every year.

My parents and I chose the site as we have used them before and the hotel we wanted to stay at was listed on the site.

The party consist of 4 adults and 1 child age 15yrs, all went well until I received my email to make the balance payment, when I entered the site there was a child listed as 8yrs old instead of 15 and upon further inspection they had my husband listed as the 8yr old and my 15 yr old daughter listed as an adult! I contacted the customer service department to ask if they could correct the information only to be told I would need to pay an extra £207.97 as the child is actually classed as an adult. When I queried this amount and the fact the site states child age from 2-18yrs I was then given an explanation and informed the price had risen to £270!

I was informed by customer service assistant that if I wished I could pay the difference to the hotel directly after explaining to him I had checked the hotel website and they actually offer a discount for a third person in the room.

Today, whilst waiting for a reply from the hotel, I had a call from the accounts department who informed me that I could not under any circumstance pay the balance difference on arrival to the hotel, even after I explained that the customer service team had informed me I could.

Therefore we paid over the phone by credit card the full amount.

I have since received a reply from the hotel stating they were happy for me to pay on the arrival day and the cost is €190, I have been charged by the company £270!

I am extremely disappointed and shocked that the amount can be so different.

I am very upset that this all happened due to no fault of my own , when we made our booking we added a child aged 15yrs and at that point had the page flagged up that the hotel only accepts children up to 12yrs we could have changed our booking,The company send no email of confirmation of your booking like others so you have no written confirmation of what is listed, on the site in My Account section it just listed all names and no ages so we were not aware until the balance was due when they did list the child age that anything was in fact wrong. As it stands we have paid £250 approx per adult and now £270 for a child sharing our room, we have therefore paid more for her than our adult price and she will not be drinking alcohol as she is under age so what exactly have we paid the extra £20 for?

I and my family are completely disgusted by the customer service we have received on this occasion and would definitely have paid directly with the hotel had we been aware that we could before.

I suggest anyone thinking of booking through Lowcostholidays.com books through someone else.

Visit lowcostholidays.com

Lowcostholidays.com's Comment

Written on: 23/10/2013

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review. We welcome all kinds of feedback to allow us to continually improve the service we provide to our customers.

I am deeply sorry you faced these difficulties however they are common. Each hotel will arrange their pricing differently, this meaning that some will class a childs age differently from others. This is a very high level of diversity that exists.

We are contractually obligated to sell rooms at certain rates and unfortunately cannot breach these. Also with hotel pricing, it is based on room occupancy not nesessarily on per person.

I sincerely hope that you enjoy your holiday, and on behalf of lowcostholidays , we hope to welcome you back as a valued customer in the near future.

if you require anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards