money taken but no holiday booked!!

donnacee's review of Lowcostholidays.com - www.lowcostholidays.com

“money taken but no holiday booked!!”

Written on: 14/09/2013 by donnacee (1 review written)

I have booked holiday through lowcostholidays.com. Having used them before, had no reservations using them again.
Family holiday booked for October on Wednesday 11th Sept and paid in full online. However documentation i received via email stated balance was still to pay. Rang thursday (12th) morning to be told 'booking had not been completed' but advisor could not elaborate on this and would investigate and ring me back. At this point the cash was pending from my credit card but not taken. No contact from advisor therefore Thursday evening I spent 45 minutes attempting to speak to someone, transferred and left on hold with no answers (while being charged 10p per minute!)
No contact established on Friday, however full balance taken from my credit card!!
Saturday(14th) my partner currently on hold (25 minutes @10p a min again!!) now waiting for a supervisor.
Posting this in the hope I may get a response via this platform as no response received from e mail sent. Still no details of holiday when I log into my account with lowcostholidays.com

Visit lowcostholidays.com

Lowcostholidays.com's Response to donnacee's Review

Written on: 14/09/2013

Good afternoon,

We are sorry to hear that there have been some problems you have encountered during the booking process. Did this managed to get resolved today? If not please provide your reference number so we can look into this for you.

Regards,

Alex.

Donnacee's reply to Lowcostholidays.com's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2013

Thank you for the response.
Yes this has been resolved today and we now have the holiday booked.
Unfortunately it has been a bad experience.
I now understand your company has had some technical problems. I would have found it helpful if one of the many agents that myself or my partner spoke to could have informed us of these difficulties and maybe given some reassurance instead of transferring (for what I think is and unreasonable amount of time ) or indeed just cutting us off. This caused unnecessary angst not to mention the cost of the calls.
Thankfully all sorted out now and we look forward to our holiday in October.

lowcostholidays.com