Why will they not phone me back

Guest's review of Lowcostholidays.com - www.lowcostholidays.com

“Why will they not phone me back”

Written on: 05/08/2013

I booked this holiday for a friend and myself forgot to un tick the box for full deposit "they said no I have to pay the full deposit" I said to the lady that I would not book with her company again next day I get a phone call to say they have refunded the balance which was fine.
Now I then went to pay the final balance on the 1st August £495.22 not due till 13th but I thought get it done and then no problems, they actually took £1262.08 from credit card I have now made three phone calls and sent one email one woman tried to help but said she only deals with new booking as this was after 6 0'clock when customer services were closed. They have refunded me with £507.60 but those figures do not add up I have phoned again today asked to speak to a Manager none available but someone will phone me back the time is now 17:17 and guess what no one has phoned me back. I think they say book with us stress free not ever again, they say they treat customer care seriously not sure how that works as they do not even phone you back

Visit lowcostholidays.com

Lowcostholidays.com's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2013

Good afternoon,

We are sorry for the issues that you have been faced with.

May I have your booking reference number please so I can look into this and find out what has happened? If you can provide me with a reference number I will happily help you out.

Kind regards,

Alex.

Rockyspike's Comment

Written on: 09/08/2013

Thank you for trying to help my reference number is 6235120.

Lowcostholidays.com's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2013

Good afternoon,

Thank you for providing the reference number.

I have looked into your booking and investigated the payments and this is what I have found:

- 11th January £724.00 paid (full amount but you wanted to pay deposit)

- 11th January £495.22 refunded.

- 11th January £228.78 Paid as a deposit just as you wanted.

- Final balance £495.22 due on 13th August.

- 01st August £990.44 was paid (495.22 x 2 which is a double payment)

- 02nd August £495.22 was refunded because of the double payment.

- 02nd August Balance has been paid in full.

Please note the prices above are not including the card surcharges applied at the time of payment.

I hope this information has helped clarify the issue. If this doesn't match up with your bank statements then please get in touch with our Customer Services department who will be happy to help.

I am sorry no one had been in touch with you. I hope this information has helped resolve the issue and if you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Alex.

Rockyspike's Comment

Written on: 13/08/2013

Thank you Alex for trying to solve this problem but I am still at a loss as to why I got a receipt from you showing that I had paid £1262.08 as this is not double 495.22 plus cost of credit card. Also why a refund was given of £507.60. Okay this is 495.22 plus 12.38 that times two = 1015.20. As I said to the lady who tried to help where does the £1262.08 come from. As for the grief and anxiety I have endured from your company I would like some recompense for all this trouble. I did suggest your company pays for the costs of the "Shuttle" from the airport to the hotel but as no one called me back I did not get an answer to this.
Please could you look into how your company reached the figure of £1262.08 and also the "Shuttle" and let me know.
Hopefully we can solve this problem.
Regards