Do they care once they have your money?

ziggydog99's review of Lowcostholidays.com - www.lowcostholidays.com

“Do they care once they have your money?”

Written on: 31/07/2013 by ziggydog99 (1 review written)

We booked a short three night break to Rome for 6 of us with Low Cost Holidays. We pre- booked a taxi for both our arrival and departure dates. Although we were an hour late arriving thanks to Easy Jet our taxi was waiting for us. I thought I would check our departure pick up time by taxi and both our flight and taxi departure times were the same.

I rang the telephone number on the taxi voucher and the woman I spoke to hardly spoke English. I resorted to emailing customers Services in the UK and bearing in mind that I did this on our first day they should have had plenty of time to pick up my email and book the return taxi for 7 am. We heard nothing so we were forced to book a taxi from our hotel.

I still have not had a reply to my original email so I contacted their complaints department and they were very slow to respond and they seem reluctant to accept any responsibility for their actions or lack of them.

I used to work for the company that run Columbus Direct and Priority Pass and they ensured that they had sufficient staff on duty 7 days a week. I suspect that perhaps Low Cost holidays do not have enough staff and they probably do not work weekends either. Hence their inability to respond quickly and efficiently to customer complaints.

If I had known how poor they are administratively and how poor they are on customer services I would never had booked with them. It could have been a lot worse and I am glad that my loss is limited to the £70 for our taxi fare.

I will never use this company again and I will make sure everyone I know is aware of how bad they are.

Roger croydon

Visit lowcostholidays.com

Lowcostholidays.com's Response to ziggydog99's Review

Written on: 02/08/2013

Good afternoon,

I’m very sorry you are disappointed.

I understand that you must have been frustrated that the flights were late. The airlines do sometimes fall behind schedule, although they do try to avoid this at all cost, this is sometimes not possible.

It's really good to hear the transfers waited. Whenever there is a delay, the transfer companies are already aware of this.

The times given for the transfers are correct. They need to be the times of the flights. For the arrival so they know when you land. For the return, it is booked for the flight time so they know exactly what flight you are on. When you reconfirm the transfer by telephone or through their website, they will automatically work out the correct time to collect you and inform you. They will allow plenty of time to get to the airport.

I am sorry you couldn't understand the woman at the transfer company when trying to reconfirm your return journey. Instead of calling the transfer company, transfers can be reconfirmed by the website too, as stated on the documents.

In regards to yourself emailing us while abroad – our email response time is up to 5 working days. You would of received an immediate email stating this after sending it. As per your holiday documents state – “please contact us straight away by calling ******** to speak to a member of our team who will be happy to help you as much as possible.” So in the event of a serious issue, you would have to call our customer service team who would happily resolve any issue.

Our complaints department are currently taking up to 6 weeks to investigate and get an outcome from the time you have received the acknowledgement email. We are at peak season so that is why it is taking longer than expected. As soon as we do have an outcome we will be in touch.

Thank you for the review.

Kind regards,