take it or leave it - so i left it - thanks

Guest's review of Lowcostholidays.com - www.lowcostholidays.com

“take it or leave it - so i left it - thanks”

Written on: 15/03/2013

we booked (or should i say, THOUGHT we booked) a holiday to Lanzarote from Manchester, price not too bad, location not too shabby, paid in full.

next day we had a call from their call centre advising that there were no flights back - and we could fly back to a different airport (Birmingham or East Midlands?) and the flights would be more money as well. That was no good to us as we needed the car.

I asked the caller if he could find us outbound flights and inbound flights from and back to the same airport. That would cost more money.

I told the caller that as a gesture of good will that they should at least honour the prices and even offer a bit of a discount. especially since they were still advertising the same flights on their website?

I was advised this wasnt their fault, it clearly states in their terms and conditions that this wouldn't be their fault, so take it or leave it. However, they would be generous enough to give me my money back. (cheers for that)

and now its 14 days to go to the holiday that i cancelled with them, so they have sent me an email to say
"14 days to go, is everything sorted?"
and
"recommend a friend to sign up"

errrr.....I dont think so - I wouldnt recommend you to my worse enemy.

Bon Voyage !!

Visit lowcostholidays.com

Lowcostholidays.com's Comment

Written on: 16/03/2013

Good Afternoon,

We are very sorry to hear that your recent booking with us did not go as anticipated.

We apologise that we could not offer the flights you originally chose, unfortunately as we use a live system for our bookings, from time to time, availability on the flights can change which can cause a booking to be unsuccessful. When booking with lowcostholidays.com , we act as an agent on your behalf. Unfortunately if the airline fail to confirm the flight due to a lack of availability, we would contact you as soon as possible to see if you wish to proceed with any alternative options including cancellation with a full refund.

If you would like to discuss this further please email us at Onlineanswers@lowcostholidays.com and we will be happy to assist.

Kind Regards