I survived the ordeal

CathandMartyn's review of Leger Holidays

“I survived the ordeal”

Written on: 23/07/2013 by CathandMartyn (1 review written)

Paris / Tour de France finale. Very rushed, badly co-ordinated, poor service, poor hotel (no evening meals available), no direction or advise re Paris or the race finish. Nothing more than a glorified taxi service. Would rather walk there next time...would be less stressful and maybe quicker. In the hottest July for 247 years (Daily Express statistic!)air conditioning on coach faulty and fridge not working. Five minute "comfort" (oh the irony of that statement)break stops. Am now very adept at toileting and eating simultaneously then drinking on rush back to coach. The journey back to the UK felt very much like an SAS endurance test. Thank goodness I'm only 50 and in pretty decent health...my swollen ankles were very much a "first" and of great concern. Tour of Paris too short, tour of Midlands for drop offs incredibly long. Never would a journey back to the north west be taken that way again. My fatigue prevents me commenting further, there were so many negatives. Don't book with Leger, but if you are forced too, ensure you factor in some recovery time before you return to work. I'm still exhausted with the whole episode.