NEVER AGAIN !!!!!! DONT DO IT SAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

sione's review of Leger Holidays

“NEVER AGAIN !!!!!! DONT DO IT SAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.”

Written on: 02/10/2012 by sione (1 review written)

Paid nearly £iooo for a week in a rabbit hutch in the loft of DELLE MIMOSE HOTEL ITALY. Pot luck which room you get but you all pay the same.So bad the drivers of our coach refused to stay in a room 2 doors down from mine,they were sent to another hotel (lucky drvers)I was told by the manager of the hotel they could not send to another hotel as it was closed reason end of season.(End of season hotels must open up just for drivers)Dont bother to conplain, Rachel Dixon (CUSTOMER RELATIONS SUPERVISOR for LEGER)only sent me a voucher for £50 of my next holiday with LEGER as if i am likely to go on holiday with this company (LEGER) ever again.

Vivlefey69's Response to sione's Review

Written on: 06/10/2012

I have just returned from the Picture book Italy tour with Leger. The Holiday was fabulous, however your brochure fails to point out numerous things which people should consider before booking.
This particular holiday is not suitable for people with mobility difficulties. There is a lot of walking involved.
90 minutes to explore Sienna from drop off time until collection - Insufficient time.
3 out of 5 hotels extremley poor,and very basic. One vegetable and 2 slices of processed meat is not sufficient after 15 hours travelling. Doors used for supporting mattresses - In several hotels health and safety issues need to be addressed.
Most of the stop offs are at motorway stations en route which are
expensive.
Going to Rome on a Sunday when the Cistine Chapel is closed - Poor planning.
Going to Florence when the Uffizi Gallery is closed - Poor planning.
15 hours travelling - too long.
Not enough time on any of the trips to explore.
Legers one saving grace, the drivers were brilliant, more than just drivers, having to deal with numerous elderly passengers health related issues and injuries.
My one tip if you are travelling alone as I did, check who Leger are sitting you next too. The person I was seated next too was expecting me to babysit him all holiday and to be his carer. He was suitably advised. A lesser person would have of found this person intimidating and frightening. I would even go so far as to say, if you can book and pay for both seats. Leger have a duty of care to the people travelling with them and this was an extremley unpleasant situation. Fortuanately I am built of strong stuff.
Italy is beautiful and surprisingly despite the above I enjoyed my holiday, I laughed from morning to night. I have used this whistlestop holiday to plan where I would like to revisit so it has served a purpose. I would ask that Leger review the description of the holiday they give in the brochure as it does not compare to the reality especially where the hotels, trips and travelling arrangements are concerned.