Worst Travel Booker

upWarren254's review of LateRooms.com www.laterooms.com

“Worst Travel Booker”

Written on: 18/07/2014 by upWarren254 (1 review written)

I booked accommodation through LateRooms and due to unforeseen circumstances had to cancel and according to their site they charge no booking fee or cancellation fee.

That's a joke as when I called to cancel I was told I was unable to have a refund and I would lose the full amount.

I found this astonishing as I was cancelling 4 weeks before checking in.

I'm still out of pocket and taking this further. I wouldn't use LateRooms ever again nor will I recommend them to anyone. Stay clear.

Visit laterooms.com

Written on: 19/07/2014

Hi,
Thanks for leaving your feedback about your recent booking. I was sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with this reservation. Bookings made through our site have different cancellation policies, as determined by the hotel in question, and it could be that you booked an advance purchase rate booking which are non refundable in the case of cancellation.
If you wish to reply to this message and provide your booking reference number I will gladly look into this for you.
John

Jarman_Ah's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2014

Yes! Absolutely! "Worst Travel Booker". I hope everyone reads your story carefully. I second it... my cousin in England, who tried to deal with them on my behalf, will "third" it. In the last twelve or fourteen years I have made use of upwards of twenty travel bookers, and I have to say they have ALL been highly satisfactory -- peas in a pod, really -- except this one. Thety may OFFER you free cancellation (as they did to me), but just try to get them to follow through with it! The excuses for why you CAN'T cancel your booking are legion, and, the more you argue and demolish each new excuse, the more bizarre their reasons become. After weeks of saying that they never tried to cancel the booking because their security requirements for the cancellation weren't fully met, they finally said that they HAD rung the hotel to cancel the booking, but that there was a "language problem" (the hotel is in Palermo, Sicily, not -- as you might have expected -- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, or Addis Abbab, Ethiopia), and, finally, that the hotel had decided to enforce its own cancellation policy and overrule the booking form laterooms had provided, and so, narturally, this had nothing to do with them and that the customer would just have to forfeit the full amount. Their "helpful" suggestion was that I should just pass on the loss to my travel insurance company... laterooms wants nothing to do with any talk aboiut THEIR obligations. I've had weeks and weeks of emails and excuses from laterooms, and I will publish the full story (with direct quotes from their responses) when the last chapter has finally been written... but until then, take care. All those other travel sites -- booking.com, ratestogo, onhotels, easytobook, hotelTravel, alpharooms, etc etc -- all do their job efficiently and with the customer's interests high on their list of priorities. Stick with them and give laterooms a WIDE berth.

Written on: 25/07/2014

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I was concerned reading the issues that you raised and I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused. If you would like me to look into this matter for you, if you could provide me with your booking reference number I will happily assist.

Written on: 27/07/2014

Hello, which booking is this regarding, Jarman_Ah? I can look into this if you want. (David)

laterooms.com