False advertisment on cancelation policy!

Powermh495's review of LateRooms.com www.laterooms.com

“False advertisment on cancelation policy!”

Written on: 16/07/2014 by Powermh495 (1 review written)

I will not be using Late Rooms again after being lured into a false sense of security regarding a cancelation policy for a hotel.
The description before proceeding to booking states 'Cancellation is 48 hours prior to arrival or the total stay will be taken'.
When I tried to cancel 96 hours prior to arrival, Late Rooms told me the policy was an advance credit card rate which was non refundable and non transferable. They told me, with an unprofessional giggle, that the description was an old one and needed to be updated (which they are yet to do) and that on the next page I ticked a t&c's box which was apparently in red, which stated the no refund policy. I have since checked this and there is no red box outlining cancelations and refunds!
I waited for 2 hours to be called back which they said would take 5-10 minutes and had to call back at my expense because I was sick of waiting. I was told to wait 2 minutes for them to call back that time and it was a further 30 minutes until I received a response.
I am very disappointed with the way they treated me and turned this round to be my mistake, and thought it was funny, when it's their false advertising!
I wonder how long it will take them to correct the description page.... or not because then they loose out on their commision if people think they can't cancel!
Ridiculous and I will not be using them again.

Visit laterooms.com

Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 17/07/2014

Hi,
I am sorry to hear of your experience but it has been confirmed that one of my colleagues has resolved the issue. If you need any other help you know where to get us. (Sacha)

Jarman_Ah's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2014

Hi! I wrote to you some days ago, as a kind of "last ditch" help. I hope you can "resolve" the matter for me also., and in a more satisfactory way than your Customer Solutions people (they just sent an email saying that, as I hadn't replied fast enough to meet their requirements, they had marked the matter as RESOLVED... which, of course, seems to be laterooms -speak for "no refund".

Jarman_Ah's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2014

There were no giggles when I contacted the Customer Solutions Department, but maybe that's because you can't laugh on email. Telephoning isn't so easy, because they don't always pick up the phone, and when you're ringing internationally, that's a real worry... precious hours tick by and your cancellation deadline is getting inexorably closer. With most of the booking sites, all it takes is to log on and press the "cancel this booking" button, but not laterooms.... their site announces that they need you to ring them (the telkephone number they give you has bno country code... they don't want to make it easy for you!) and quote your booking number. When you (finally) manage to do this, you find that this is not nearly enough for laterooms; there's a LONG list of questions to answer (none of these are mentioned on their booking form), to guard, they tell me, against "fraud against the booking". The thought of a gang of international fraudsters hacking into passwords and/or booking numbers, and maniacally cancelling people's hotel bookings all over the world was enough to make ME giggle, but laterooms, it seems, is desperately worried about this. So the qquestions go on and on until there's one you can't answer, and then they say, "Well, in that case, the booking can't be cancelled". Even when you finally DO ring them back with the detail they required, that doesn't mean they will cancel... their commission means too much to them for that! Now comes the delaying, obstructing, and confusing tactics, where they tell you one thing and then deny it, blame you and then blame the hotel (some hotels around the world, they seem aghast to find, don't even speak English!), but the bottom line is always the same: there won't be any refund, regardless of what they offered on the booking form. They'd rather you took it up with your travel insurance company.... then their commission is safe. Laterooms is the only booking site I've ever used that I would never use again, and am warning people off. Have nothing to do with them.

Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2014

Hello, which booking is this regarding, Jarman_Ah? I can look into this if you want. (David)

laterooms.com