Terrible & criminal

CamR's review of LateRooms.com www.laterooms.com

“Terrible and criminal”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by CamR (1 review written)

Many reviewers have stated that the Bank Street Lodge delivers acceptable facilities for an acceptable price. However, I imagine many of these people are hiking and camping, and are comparing their experience to being in a tent on the ground. The beds are probably slightly more comfortable then that, but just barely - and they were the least of the concerns we encountered staying there. After plugging my laptop into the wall in the Wifi room the socket exploded severing the cable, and leaving a black explosion mark an inch around the plug. I confronted the staff with the evidence of what had happened. They acted confused for five minutes and it became clear that they were not going to do anything to remedy the situation or compensate me for what may well have been an electrocution, their line being: "you've just had bad luck, and it might have been your cable". It may have been my cable? This from a place whose entertainment room's centrepiece is a VHS player and a selection of tapes from the 1990s - I'm thinking it might be the place's electrics. Once we actually got into our room a used tissue was discovered to decorated the floor beside the bed. The TV in the room later turned itself off never to work again. This is a roach motel charging hotel prices. Both the nights before and after staying at Bank Street Lodge, we stayed in places charging the exact same rate: we had breakfast included, soft beds, and the rooms didn't look like they belonged in a hospital.

Visit laterooms.com

Laterooms.com's Response to CamR's Review

Written on: 01/04/2014

Hi, really sorry to read about the issues you've had. I'll be sure to escalate your feedback to the relevant departments here. If there's anything we can do for you in future please don't hesitate to get in touch. Meanwhile thanks a lot for your feedback and for taking time to leave a review (James)

laterooms.com