Room over booked

Thelanes1's review of LateRooms.com www.laterooms.com

“Room over booked”

Written on: 05/10/2013 by Thelanes1 (1 review written)

We booked the peel hotel in tamworth a family room which was all they had left so I took that. When we arrived at the hotel we were told they had double booked and they didn't have a room for us so they called the manager,the manager then said he had a double room which we said would be fine but when we got to the room it was not what we were expecting it was very basic and we had to use a shared toilet and bathroom on the landing which had a bad odour of urine and needed updating. To double book rooms in our times is unexcepttible. The only good thing I can say is that the staff were lovely and the breakfast was very good. We have lots of buisness meeting coming up but I would very reluctant to use this site and I would not stay at this hotel again.

Visit laterooms.com

Laterooms.com's Response to Thelanes1's Review

Written on: 07/10/2013

Hi, thanks so much for getting in touch and for bringing this to our attention. So sorry for the negative experience you've had. So we can investigate this further could you let us know the booking reference number? Then we can see what we can do. Otherwise thanks a lot for your feedback and for taking time to leave a review (James)

Written on: 07/10/2013

Hi our booking reference 24106675r

Regards

Written on: 08/10/2013

Thanks a lot for getting back to me so quickly, I'll be in touch ASAP. (James)

Hi James
We were charged for a double room with a £5.00 discount which was an insult I've never stayed at any hotel and had a shared bathroom and would never book a room with a shared bathroom as my wife is very particular.

Regard
Mark

Written on: 08/10/2013

Thanks again for coming back. I have sent you an email through, if you could respond to that with any details you think are necessary it would be a big help for me. Thanks (James)

No email has been sent

Written on: 08/10/2013

Hi again. I did send an email to the address specified on the booking confirmation. If you still haven't received this, please email the full details of charges etc... to hello@laterooms.com so I can discuss this with the hotel. Thanks again (James)

Written on: 08/10/2013

Thanks a lot, I've picked up that email now. We're currently investigating further and I'll be in touch as soon as possible. Thanks (James)

laterooms.com