Beautiful Tudor building

Guest's review of LateRooms.com www.laterooms.com

“Beautiful Tudor building”

Written on: 03/08/2013

Lovely building which I have always wanted to stay in but not any more.
I arrived at reception having driven round the block a couple of times trying to find the hotels car park.I explained to the receptionist that we had a reservation & how did we get to the car park. No welcome Greeting from her. Her reply was it's behind here but it's full.I explained that we have choosen this particular hotel as car parking was available with no need for prebooking. Well it's full she retorted again. There are 33 spaces & all the spaces are allocated. This manta was repeated 3 times over by her(as if I was deaf) Her attitude to me was appalling. Not a welcome greeting but a total refusal from her to be either pleasant, professional or co-operative. You will have to park in the public car park I was told it's much better than this one here and it's cheaper.Needless to say a walk away. Which was not what we had expected.
I asked if I could book my Smart car in for the next days parking.Parking a Smart takes up very little space. Oh no was her reply you can not prebook Spaces! My husband joined me and he tried to speak to this receptionist and she spoke to him in the same rude manner she had spoken to me. We tried to explain that there was an empty parking space but she just kept on repeating 33 spaces etc.etc. I asked for the manager she told us he was not around. We decided to go to our room.I had booked an upgrade and the room was excellent.Very comfortable,clean and lovely bathroom. Sadly, over looking car park & that empty space! One hour & a half later after we had unpacked & had coffee. A 4x4 vehicle came and parked in the empty space. I went down to ask the same receptionist why she had let the space go them and not to us. Oh oops sorry she replied turned on her heel went into the office. What an asset to this hotel: more customer training comes into mind. We always choose our hotels for location,parking & amenities. We decided after such a welcome not to use the hotel for food and drinks. We would spent our money in other restaurants and bars in town where are custom was appreciated. At breakfast the following morning the waitress did not have are details down. As the same receptionist had not given her the information. Well that's a surprise! What a shame this person was our first contact with the hotel. As the rest of the staff were helpful and efficent in their work. I must say we have never before encountered this attitude from a person working in any reception and we have travelled a great deal in this country and the world.

Visit laterooms.com