Misleading website & even pooer customer phone service.

JonBoy58's review of LateRooms.com www.laterooms.com

“Misleading website and even pooer customer phone service.”

Written on: 01/08/2013 by JonBoy58 (1 review written)

I looked through the website looking for a London hotel to stay for 1 night. The headline costs on the intial pages were NEVER the cost of the room when I went into the detail.

Once I'd chosen the hotel and went to the booking stage I was asked to ring the Late Rooms call centre. I did this and spoke to a women who was very difficult to understand and who had problems understanding me, despite me using the phonetic alphabet!

I expained what I wanted (2 rooms for 4 adults for 1 night)and was told that she would have to contact the hotel to see if they were available. Now the web site said that they WERE available at £100 a room.

After a wait of at least 5 minutes I was told that they "had rooms for 3 people at £130". Now bearing in mind there were 4 adults this was obviously NOT what I wanted and the cost had gone up £30. When I explained this, I was told that "That is all they have". Having very littele option I agreed to book the 2 rooms.

Then she asked me for payment. The website openly said that payment was made at the hotel NOT on-line/phone. I was told that this was the only way the booking could be made and that there was no cancellation option. Again, because I had no real option I agreed to pay.

All in all a very unsatisfactory experience and one that I have reated to many people advising them NOt to use Late Rooms.com

Visit laterooms.com

Laterooms.com's Response to JonBoy58's Review

Written on: 02/08/2013

Hi, really sorry to read about your disappointment. So we can investigate this further could you let us know the booking reference number? Then we can see what we can do for you. Otherwise thanks a lot for your feedback and for taking time to leave a review (James)

Jonboy58's reply to Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2013

The booking reference number is 23305606R.

Laterooms.com's Response to JonBoy58's Review