Horrific service

Guest's review of LateRooms.com www.laterooms.com

“Horrific service”

Written on: 31/07/2013

I booked a hotel via Late Rooms by clicking on their link on Trip Advisor.
It wasn't until the following day when showing a family member my confirmation that I googled the hotel to find out Late rooms had booked me into a hotel of the same name in Majorca instead of Portugal. I rang Late rooms, they admitted the fault yet it has taken 3.5 weeks, over 30 phonecalls and an eventual irate email for me to receive part of my money back. Late rooms staff repeatedly didn't call me back, they took my bank details for a refund which never transpired, to which I rang several times only to be told after threatening legal action that the refund had never been processed and there was NO RECORD of my bank details been taken. I was then told I'd have to wait a further 10 working days for a refund. This should have be processed immediately. Disgraceful service, no compensation, less than one week til I travel and I only have a partial refund from the hotel in Majorca. I had to then book my own accommodation via a different website at almost twice the cost of the original hotel because Late rooms took so long to confirm a refund [which STILL has not been received] I have also been made aware that I'm not the only one to have fallen fowl to this missed link, and it stayed active on Trip Advisor for over 10 days after I reported the fault. Will never use this service again, and WILL take legal action if I do not receive a full refund.

Visit laterooms.com

Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2013

Hi, thanks so much for getting in touch and for bringing this to our attention. So sorry for the negative experience you've had. So we can investigate this further could you let us know the booking reference number? Then we can see what we can do. Otherwise thanks a lot for your feedback and for taking time to leave a review (James)

laterooms.com