Double Booked Me AND Do Not Understand Basic English

Guest's review of LateRooms.com www.laterooms.com

“Double Booked Me AND Do Not Understand Basic English”

Written on: 11/07/2013

I've used Laterooms several times before and they've always been fine... up until now. They double booked me TWICE and it was me who had to phone them back and sort it out. They blamed the hotels on both occasions but as the customer, I don't care who is to blame, the fact is I booked through you and expect your processing system to be faultless. Two of my many phone calls were with staff who didn't understand my English! They actually didn't understand what I was saying!!!!! Seriously! So both times I had to hang up and ring again and hope to get through to someone who at least understood English. Disgraceful that some of their staff do not understand basic English. I had to ring them many times to sort out this mess and not once had a call from them to say sorry. I bet they won't offer to pay for my phone call charges!!

Laterooms used to be good, but with faulty booking systems, staff who do not understand basic English, very long waiting times to get through to operators, no courtesy call from them and no offer to reimburse anything for my calls to and fro to both them and the hotels, I don't think I'll be using them again in a hurry. Used to be good - now awful.... such a shame.

Visit laterooms.com

Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2013

Hi, really sorry to read about your disappointment. So we can investigate this further could you let us know the booking reference number? Then we can see what we can do for you. Our call centre is actually based in Manchester UK, so I am surprised to hear the complaints in regards to a language barrier. Thanks a lot for your feedback and for taking time to leave a review (James)

Piggyrocks's Comment

Written on: 12/07/2013

Booking ref: 23163139R. I booked into this hotel and had the owners ring me back to tell me the room wasn't available. So after much hassle, I booked into another hotel and was told by Laterooms I could have the en-suite for and extra £10 a night.... but again, this hotel had to phone me to tell me I couldn't as it wasn't available, so that's actually twice I was double booked. As it happens, the current hotel I'm booked to stay in can accommodate it. But between the two Laterooms mistakes, I've made a lot of phone calls; mainly to you where I've been on hold far too long each time and as you don't have a free phone number. it would have cost me dearly in calls.

Just because your call centre is BASED in Manchester, it doesn't mean all your staff speak Mancunian does it?? Surely if all Laterooms employed were people born and raised in Manchester, that would be an employment law issue???? The FACT remains that twice out of the many calls I made, I spoke to two people, one male and one female who didn't understand a word I was saying. I'm not saying it was every call, just two calls. I tried to tell the male that you had double booked me and I would therefore need to cancel and his reply was, "you want double room? where for?" My reply, "no, you've double booked me!", his reply, "You want to book double room, when for?" - So I tried a third time, "No, I have to cancel my booking".... "You want to make booking?"...... I then hung up ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED that I phone a BRITISH company and cannot get the operator on the end of the phone to understand me.... Later that day I ended up with a women who again, struggled A LOT, but int he end she understood; but she was hard to understand. These two people I spoke to clearly didn't have English as their first language.

Laterooms have always been great to deal with, but this time round, it's been a disaster, I've had to sort it all out between you and the hotels, I've had to make all the calls to you, I've had to pick up the call costs (including having to wait silly times to speak to your staff) and I've had to deal with non-English speaking staff.... Absolute disgrace.

Laterooms.com's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2013

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. Further to our phone call, I have sent you an email through. Hopefully this can all be resolved satisfactorily for you. (James)

Piggyrocks's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2013

Thank you James. This has now been resolved and I appreciate your goodwill gesture and your reimbursement of my often costly calls through to Laterooms in order to resolve this matter. It may take time to build confidence using Laterooms again, but I feel going forward that any issues that may arise again can be resolved.

laterooms.com