Commission is their only priority

Guest's review of Lastminute www.lastminute.com

“Commission is their only priority”

Written on: 04/12/2013

Last night I was railroaded into buying accommodation and flights to Germany. I only rang them as the website had a glitch and I couldn't check room availability. Pushy salesman kept forwarding my quiries towards a purchase and im regretful to say I paid. He kept saying things like lets get it all done.Dont worry you can check details later, etc and the end result was so unsatisfactory I ended up when I checked in a double room when we wanted a triple.On top of this he said breakfast was included but the booking says otherwise. i asked him about this and he said we are a big company, if I say it will happen it will, just wait till you get there!!!
Rang this am to complain, was told by floor supervisor that it was my fault as I should have put the phone down. He said that all agents act on commission and that I would be denying them income. They come to work to get money so it is your fault I was told!!! i said it wasnt in my nature to put the phone down on people. He said they can't change it.Flights are booked with easy jet and cannot be refunded. I phoned easy jet and found out Lastminute.com had charged and extra £57.54 commission on the flights.They could only offer a small part refund as I am asking within 24 hrs of booking, after 24hrs it is nothing.
i will never use Lastminute.com again. If any thing goes wrong they dont want t know and made their priorities clear.

Visit lastminute.com