BE WEARY - READ REVIEWS BEFORE YOU PAY!!

CDSKnight's review of Lastminute www.lastminute.com

“BE WEARY - READ REVIEWS BEFORE YOU PAY!!”

Written on: 15/11/2013 by CDSKnight (1 review written)

For the first time, we purchased a package from lastminute.com for New York for £1118.19. They advertised a hotel The Pennsylvania - sadly, read reviews after a friend mentioned. The hotel reviews were extremely poor. Spoke with LastMinute - they agreed to allow me to rebook a hotel (agreeing to refund me £322)after I booked another hotel with them. I found a hotel and after discussion with them they advised it was £945. Trustingly, I paid them this money but did asked the agent to escalate why the hotel was so highly priced and I would send an email too. In the email research I realised the £945 charged was the cost of a 'package'!! I sent an email to LastMinute and sadly, received a response to the effect that because I had paid and they are 'agents', they could not refund me any money and offered their apologies!! In total we have paid £1800+ for a £950 package with LastMinute.com!
I am considering legal action for breach of trust, extortion and anything/everything else the legal team can put together!!
Lesson: sadly, do not trust companies like this or their recommendations - what is our world coming to!!

Visit lastminute.com