Please don't book with

Lastminuterippoff's review of Lastminute

“Please don't book with”

Written on: 20/04/2013 by Lastminuterippoff (1 review written)

On the 16/04/2013 I booked a twin room at the Park Club Europe Hotel,Tenerife between for four days for two persons on an all inclusive basis. Having reviewed the details I contacted the call centre and made the booking over the phone with a last representative. I was informed that my booking would not be confirmed until receipt of a formal e-mail which I received shortly afterwards. The following day I received a phone call from a female, informing me that there had been a problem with the website and I had been under charged, in order to confirm the booking she would require a further £138 or would re-imburse my payment card. Please note that any similar amendment or cancellation made by a customer with this company incur a minimum £20 fee. The price was clearly advertised booked and confirmed by e-mail by Despite this they say they have the right to cancel any confirmed booking up to 48 hours after confirmation. Those persons of a sceptical perspective may construe this to be an attempt to extract extra cash from unsuspecting customers. I believe this to be both deceptive and a breach of contract.Despite numerous attempts to resolve the issue amicably with the company through their none Uk customer services department they are resolute in their view that their behaviour is lawful and acceptable. I am reporting the matter to trading standards and propose to pursue the company for breach of contract and loss of bargain through the small claims court.