Stuck 6000 miles away..

dan123456789's review of Lastminute www.lastminute.com

“Stuck 6000 miles away..”

Written on: 09/03/2013 by dan123456789 (1 review written)

I was in Reunion Island near Madagascar, and needed to buy my return ticket to England. I had told my bank I would be there and I gave lastminute all the correct info for the ticket which was £580.. They took the money from my account and then did a safety check to see if it was ok for them to accept the payment. For reasons unbeknown and unexplained to me, the payment was not ok for them to accept, and I receive an email stating that it could take up to 10 days for the money to be refunded.. I am baffled as to what the logic is in taking the money first and only then after doing the necessary safety checks?!? This meant I was stuck 6000 miles away from home for, possibly, a further 10 days before I could try buy another ticket and with very little money to get by on.. Having emailed them and asked for an explanation and any help they could offer, I received no reply. So if I were you I wouldn't feel you could rely on them.

Visit lastminute.com

Catherinetrojelio's Response to dan123456789's Review

Written on: 13/03/2013

Hi, I had same experience today - have you been repaid yet?!!

Dan123456789's reply to Catherinetrojelio's Comment

Written on: 14/03/2013

Yes, I believe it took 5 days before it was in my acc..

lastminute.com