WARNING! DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

Guest's review of Lastminute www.lastminute.com

“WARNING! DO NOT USE THIS SITE!”

Written on: 25/01/2013

I booked a flight on Monday 1/21/13 but when I hit confirm reservations, I got a message stating to go back and hit confirm reservations again. I did this two times but gave up for fear that I was being charged twice. Next day I checked email and still did not receive a confirmation but checked my credit card account online. I was charged twice for this reservation as well as the travelers insurance. I phoned my credit card company and was advised to contact the airlines to see if payment was received. My credit card company happily removed one of the charges. I contacted the airlines and they were not able to assist me because they said that the ticket was not released by the travel agent. I was advised to contact the travel agent and resolve this. This is when it really got interesting...
I phoned the lastminute customer service number, waited for twenty minutes before speaking with a rep in India. After explaining to her that I did not have the confirmation email of my purchase, she transferred me to another number. Twenty minutes later I heard the line ring a very strange but familiar ring tone to what I summized was England. A British person answered and began to ask me numerous questions regarding my purchase. At the end of their troubleshooting, they asked me if I made this purchase in England. I stated no and told them I lived in the US and had made my purchase online using the US website. This rep stated they needed to transfer me to a place where they handled US transactions. Take a guess? I was transferred back to India, speaking to a man who began to engage me with the same questions. I stopped him and told him what had happened and requested to speak with a supervisor because I required immediate resolution. The supervisor was not at all helpful, she transferred me back to the England and I gave up at this point. I was burning up angry and wasn't getting anywhere. The following day I called lastminute.com again. I spoke with a woman who advised me that the number I called only handles travelocity customers and that she would provide me with a number that handles lastminute customers. I suspected that this would lead no where but tried anyway. The recording stated that the number is no longer a valid number but was reserved to test incoming calls. The recording actually stated that the test call was a good test and it disconnected. I was completely fed up and subsequently cancelled the pending payment and travelers insurance fee. I've used this site in the past and have had favorable results. Now, in my opinion, they are no longer in business but they will surely take your money and not provide the service requested. I spent nearly two hours combined on the phone and still ended up purchasing directly from Delta Airlines, paying more and not getting what I wanted.

Visit lastminute.com