Jetline Travel

kkStrong1970's review of Jetline Travel

“Jetline Travel ”

Written on: 18/04/2014 by kkStrong1970 (1 review written)

I called Jetline Travel to book an Easter holiday for my wife and I. I spoke to an advisor with a very strong Indian accent. Although the company is registered to an address in London I think they are actually using Indian call centres.

He found the holiday we wanted and the price was acceptable. I gave him my credit card details and he  went off to book the holiday.

He then called me back to say that the flight we wanted was fully booked. Instead he found another flight but, I think you can guess what's coming next; this flight costs more. The classic bait and switch.

While I was on the phone my wife jumped onto the computer to check if he was telling the truth. Unfortunately he was being dishonest as there were plenty of seats available on the flight we wanted for the quoted price.

When I told him that we weren't interested. He then explained that he had already charged our credit card. I asked him why would he charge our credit card when he wasn't able to sell us what we wanted. Again I think a slimy selling technique where the salesperson gets you obligated as your card is already charged.

We asked to speak with a manager but, of course no one got back to me and the call was terminated.

We went ahead and booked the flights but, unfortunately our card still has the charge for the holiday that doesn't exist. We have complained to our credit card company and will make complaints to all available government agencies and trade associations.

This just isn't an acceptable way to do business.