Liars

Guest's review of Jetline Travel

“Liars”

Written on: 20/09/2012

This is this most dishonest company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Unfortunately I did not look up any reviews before booking my holiday with them, and was subjected to what appears to be their standard deceitful sales process.

I was advised that in addition to the price for the holiday shown on the website, I would need to pay:

1. A fee for using a debit or credit card
2. A fee for either checking in at the airport (expensive) or checking in online. I chose to check in online, only to find that I was actually on a charter flight, and the operator required airport check-in with no fee.
3. A fee for checked bags - again, I later found out that the charter operator did not charge for bags.
4. An exorbitant amount for transfers (£30 pp). I told the sales person I had found another provider who would do them for £7 pp - I was told that was impossible! I had to tell him 3 or 4 times I did not want his expensive transfers - he kept trying to sneak them back in again.

I finally agreed to the price and gave my card details. After taking this, I was then surprised with some more charges!

5. "Late booking" fee
6. "Admin" fee.

I found this a bit dishonest but decided to go ahead anyway. I was told that they would go ahead and book and I'd receive a call shortly with confirmation.

When they did call back, I was told that the flights were full, and could I go on a different day or pay extra for a different airline. I refused and said this was their problem to solve, we had already agreed the terms. After much arguing, I finally agreed to pay the

7. "Different Airline" fee. However, on receiving the flight confirmation, my "new" flights were exactly the same dates and times as the original ones that were "full"!!

As a "goodwill" gesture for the inconvenience, my hotel room was "upgraded" to a room with a balcony. As it turns out, all rooms in the hotel had balconies, so this was yet another lie.

In total, I was lied to no fewer than 4 times throughout the sales process. When I discovered this, I called to complain and cancel but was told everything was non-refundable and I would need to call their customer service line - no longer an 0800 number, but a premium-rate 0844 number.

In the end, the holiday went ahead just fine, but the dishonesty of this company was just beyond belief. I will never use them or any of their many "trading as" companies again, and would warn anyone who is considering using them to stay well away.

Incider's Comment

Written on: 10/10/2012

Had exactly the msame experience!! Lies!1 And told the holiday was not available on those dates and was made to pay more!! Scam!!!! Again when challeneged told me verything was processed and they did not do refunds! Even after finding it on another site with exact dates!! Then the joke of tax here check in cost there!! I am not filled with confidence to say the least!!

Wozza2012's Comment

Written on: 11/10/2012

We had exactly the same experience! Booked end of July, to go 10days later to Fuerteventura( 5 of us). Price advertised on Ice Lolly , was no longer valid for Liverpool departures.Manchester more expensive, so they suggested Glasgow (only slightly more expensive). Finally decided to book it-flights with Thomas Cook & 20kg allowance-adviser took payment & said would phone back in 5mins with confirmation of booking. He phoned back to say booked the hotel but the price of flights had gone up -only 2 available at the price quoted ! But we could go from Edinburgh for the original price. Felt 'trapped' so agreed. When flight confirmation came thru' (later that day)it was with RyanAir & 15kg allowance - he forgot to mention this!!! The hotel confirmation didnt come thru' for nearly another week! When we got to Fuerteventura, the transfers hadn't been booked for our arrival date - they'd been booked for the following month! However we did have a great holiday & this week have finally got a refund for transfer! My sister-in-law booked at the same time with them & had numerous problems with names on tickets -& trouble trying to contact the call centre to sort it out -spent nearly a full day on the phone & then they didnt contact RyanAir to change the name,she phoned to check! No I wouldn't use them again.