Written on: 20/09/2012
This is this most dishonest company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Unfortunately I did not look up any reviews before booking my holiday with them, and was subjected to what appears to be their standard deceitful sales process.
I was advised that in addition to the price for the holiday shown on the website, I would need to pay:
1. A fee for using a debit or credit card
2. A fee for either checking in at the airport (expensive) or checking in online. I chose to check in online, only to find that I was actually on a charter flight, and the operator required airport check-in with no fee.
3. A fee for checked bags - again, I later found out that the charter operator did not charge for bags.
4. An exorbitant amount for transfers (£30 pp). I told the sales person I had found another provider who would do them for £7 pp - I was told that was impossible! I had to tell him 3 or 4 times I did not want his expensive transfers - he kept trying to sneak them back in again.
I finally agreed to the price and gave my card details. After taking this, I was then surprised with some more charges!
5. "Late booking" fee
6. "Admin" fee.
I found this a bit dishonest but decided to go ahead anyway. I was told that they would go ahead and book and I'd receive a call shortly with confirmation.
When they did call back, I was told that the flights were full, and could I go on a different day or pay extra for a different airline. I refused and said this was their problem to solve, we had already agreed the terms. After much arguing, I finally agreed to pay the
7. "Different Airline" fee. However, on receiving the flight confirmation, my "new" flights were exactly the same dates and times as the original ones that were "full"!!
As a "goodwill" gesture for the inconvenience, my hotel room was "upgraded" to a room with a balcony. As it turns out, all rooms in the hotel had balconies, so this was yet another lie.
In total, I was lied to no fewer than 4 times throughout the sales process. When I discovered this, I called to complain and cancel but was told everything was non-refundable and I would need to call their customer service line - no longer an 0800 number, but a premium-rate 0844 number.
In the end, the holiday went ahead just fine, but the dishonesty of this company was just beyond belief. I will never use them or any of their many "trading as" companies again, and would warn anyone who is considering using them to stay well away.
As rated by real users
" CAN'T BEAT THEIR DEALS! " Read More
" The worst possible experience you can possibly imagine. " Read More
Written by Arthuraynsley
" Easy as 1,2,3 " Read More
" Very quick and efficient easiest holiday i have ever booked " Read More
" Customer service?? " Read More