AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - CON-ARTISTS - HOLIDAYS DO NOT EXIST

Guest's review of Jetline Travel

“AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - CON-ARTISTS - HOLIDAYS DO NOT...”

Written on: 04/09/2012

DEAL OF THE DAY ON ICELOLLY.COM

Saw a great deal flying from Bristol to Corfu + accommodation for 14 nights at £156 pp for 3 of us in mid October 2012. Being an ex-travel agent, I should have realised that something was wrong.

I had checked the flight before even calling them, only Easyjet fly to Corfu on the date stated, the flights were £165 pp, how could DOTD have such a great price ? Simple they don't !

I called them, got [name removed] to confirm that they could book at the price quoted, she said yes but there was a £40 charge for 1 piece of luggage - fair enough. I said I needed to speak to my travelling companions. I called back, got through to [name removed]', he re-confirmed the price and we agreed to book. Gave him the CC details, names, dob etc. I was put on hold for 7 mins before he came back and gave flight times which were totally incorrect for the Bristol flight.

We asked how we would get confirmation of flights and hotel, he said he would email within 5 mins of ending the call. We were then advised of check in fees, admin fees, CC fees, suddenly the price pp had gone up by over £200 in total.

At this point, I stated that he was NOT to take any payment from the card, we were not happy with the price and we required an email confirming that no payment had been taken. We were firmly told he could not email us. I reminded him he would email the confirmation of a booking and could therefore email confirmation that the card would not be charged. He refused point blank.

We asked for a supervisor, another gentleman named [name removed] insisted we continue with the booking. I told him under no circumstances was he to book anything and that they were not authorised to use the card. We requested the email again but was told NO NO NO, very rude, spoke over me and said that we had his word that the card would not be charged.

Please do not attempt to book with Jetline, Deal of the Day or any company who give you a number to call them back on starting 0208 5111 ***

Oliviarogers93's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2012

i booked a holiday on the 3rd of august and go in 10 days but still have had no confirmation on the hotel? can you help me please?

Dealofthedayarecrooks's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2012

Sorry can't help with your booking, suggest you google ABTA, IATA, and any other travel authority that ICELOLLY or DEAL OF THE DAY may be members of.

Personally, I'd contact your card company and tell them that you have not received the service paid for and you wish to cancel the transaction... book with someone else, we finally booked with holidayhypermarket (Thomsons) and go on 3rd Oct to Ibiza, far cheaper and reliable company.