Ripped off & Stressed before even leaving the UK

hoodwinked's review of Jetline Travel

“Ripped off & Stressed before even leaving the UK”

Written on: 21/08/2012 by hoodwinked (1 review written)

Trading as "Deal of the Day" on icelolly.com
Holiday listed at £334 each. After making booking was told amount due to pay is £760 with baggage & DEBIT card charge & booking fee & online check in &&&&& ... the list goes on. Authorised payment prior to being advised of additional charges to be taken & amount ended up at £760. Within half an hour got a call back to say holiday has gone up by a further £40 but they would only charge me £20. I said I would need to discuss it with my holiday partner as the amount is already much higher than we were expecting/wanting to pay. They agreed to call back in 10 minutes but this did not happen. Half an hour later they called back to say they have put payment through for £780 (even though this is an amount more than I agreed) The man 'Tom' at the indian call centre was extremely rude, implied we were liars & that we had agreed this amount which we had not, He said he will give us an upgraded baggage allowance - just how many bikinis do I need to take for 20kg? My family are very experienced travellers so 15kg per person is more than enough. What a shame this is my 1st holiday abroad without them.

The customer service is non existant & I strongly object to being scammed out of money, It is theft. The bank can't stop payment as they said it is not fraud???? as I had given my card details. So if I agree to £10 but a company takes £1000 that's OK is it? However the bank could teach this company a thing or two about call handling & treating customers with respect. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.