Be warned of additional charges, & cookies

tinkerten's review of Jetline Travel

“Be warned of additional charges, and cookies”

Written on: 13/08/2012 by tinkerten (1 review written)

We booked Jetline travel through teletext Holidays yesterday, and firstly price changed when we returned to the same holiday, went up each time. We realised that they were using cookies, so we deleted them and original price returned, secondly, upon phoning, besides a bad line (India, I think) we were told that there were additional charges for transfer and Airline checks etc,even asked us how much we could afford and tried to sell us different holiday. we said no to a different hotel,and he said our hotel was now more expensive, but I argued that I had it on screen at that moment. He seemed to agree with us, but said that there were other charges of £30, but we agreed to that, but in the confusion, and due to bad line/language problem,after checking bank account, the extras totalled £70 each. They don't send you an invoice at time of booking,only confirmation, so you have to check your bank account. I phoned back, but they did not want to know and said to phone customer services, but after 10 minutes, the call was not answered...
Be warned, don't be fooled by their on screen prices. Wish I had read some of the reviews, as many warn of this happening. Most good reviews seem to be about the actual holiday, not teletext service. Some people seem to fall for their ploy and don't seem to realise what has happened, please take care