Once Bitten........

Guest's review of Jet2holidays - www.jet2holidays.com

“Once Bitten........”

Written on: 19/06/2011

TWICE SHY
We travelled to Majorca with Jet2 in Jone 2011, the flight there was basic, but fine. When we arrived at the airport, we had to queue at their desk, when we got to the front the girl couldn't find our booking reference on her system, but directed us to the queue for the buses.

This second line must have been about 150 people long, we waited while the computers were rebooted and eventually got to the front, again they had no record of our booking, despite me having all the vouchers printed off.

Eventually we were put on a bus for Puerto Pollensa and arrived at our hotel 3 1/2 hours after landing at Palma. On checking in to the hotel, the room we were given was not the upgraded sea view room I had paid for and had to fork out an extra 80 euros to get this. The desk manager showed me the contract with Jet2 for a standard room and he could not understand why they had taken an additional fee from me. The staff at this hotel (The Uyal) were great and the manager refunded my 80 euros at the end of our stay, despite it being none of their fault.

I had to contact the local agents for Jet2 2 days prior to leaving to be advised of my pick up time, again only to be told they had no record of my booking. I had to enlist the help of the hotel staff again, who were able to explain in Spanish to Jet2's local agent that I did indeed have a reservation.

They would only pick us up at 7.30am, despite our flight not being until 12:30, the people we had arrived with left 2 hours later on a half empty bus.

I've complained to Jet2, but have received no communication at all in return.

Have you booked through this tour operator before?

Visit jet2holidays.com