Over rated

JazlynJordan's review of Inghams www.inghams.co.uk

“Over rated”

Written on: 22/07/2014 by JazlynJordan (1 review written)

We arrived at the Grand Plaza/Locanda Maggiore montecatini, and we given a dark room with two low twin beds next to each other and a small bathroom. I was upset I thought this is not a four star hotel, we then went to use the bathroom to find the shower didn't work and the sink was falling off the wall! They them let us have another room only from the 4th floor for some reason. This time the shower worked, but the sink basin was stained with black dye. The bathroom did not have an extractor fan and had no window! The shower was cheap and nasty, and continuously over flowed all over bathroom making it very slippery. The food was not four star, the breakfast was the same each morning, the fruit had seen better days by the end of the week and fruit flies were all over the table. 3 times they gave me food I had not ordered, which left me feeling concerned as my husband is a ceoliac, so I would have expected high standard on the food. On the way home my husband asked for a gluten free packed lunch, and they gave him one containing gluten, this is too good. The Rep is fresh out of university and doesn't speak a word of Italian. This hotel is not four star, its more like a 3 star the outside rooms may look fine, but everything else is below par.