Hidden Charge of £280 To Take Our Snowboards

UberShell's review of Inghams www.inghams.co.uk

“Hidden Charge of £280 To Take Our Snowboards”

Written on: 06/01/2014 by UberShell (4 reviews written)

I've been to Whistler in Canada snowboarding many times and have always booked with Crystal and chosen BA flights. I have never before had to pay extra for snowboards on a package holiday to Canada with Crystal.

This year, however, I chose to give Inghams a try for the first time and booked a holiday for 6 adults at a cost of just under £8,000.

However, after receiving my eTicket and reading the fine print, i've found out that the snowboarding package holiday i've booked, doesn't allow use to take our snowboards - unless we pay them more.

If this wasn't included, this is surely very important information critical to the decision making process and as such, it should have been highlighted during the booking process. If it wasn't included and if they aren't purposely trying to hide the additional cost, then why wasn't it made clear or provided as an additional add-on at the time of booking?!

This is a hidden cost that I was only alerted to after reading my eTicket that I received less than 3 weeks before I was due to travel, leaving me with an extra £280 to find at the last minute on top of everything else, which is simply not acceptable.

After speaking to Inghams twice, once on the phone and once via social media, i've basically been told tough. Not even a gesture of goodwill. They have not take any responsibility for the fact that this information is not made clear at the time of booking and I am very unhappy as I feel like I have been mislead by them.

When booking a package holiday, the whole point is that you don't have any extra additional costs to think about. If there are additional costs, especially ones as large as this, then I expect to have them clearly laid out.

Had I known about this cost, i'd have simply booked elsewhere as the overall cost of the holiday is now higher than I could have got it elsewhere.

I will not be booking with Inghams again and will instead return to Crystal next time I go to Canada. The holiday is still 2 weeks away, and frankly, it's put a real downer on the holiday as I now feel very negatively towards Inghams and their lack of transparency.