BEWARE IGLU INFO

DAVIDEFOWLE's review of IGLU Cruise www.iglucruise.com

“BEWARE IGLU INFO”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by DAVIDEFOWLE (1 review written)

I booked a Royal Caribbean Cruise through IGLU in January of this year (BOOKING REF 307943). They were very helpful and informative with the booking as we are first time cruisers. Part of the deal we got free parking at Southampton Port and Free Soda for the trip for my teenage lads. Please BEWARE of the free parking. This has to be booked by 4 months in advance and I was never informed by IGLU in their covering letter, even though they were keen to highlight the payment terms! My invoice from Royal Caribbean where this is in the small print was never received to my e mail account, hence I only found out when it was too late! I called IGLU today and was answered by a lady whose customer service skills were appalling. I explained my predicament and she agreed to book the free parking only to go back on that promise when I mentioned the name of the parking company and she realised I had a copy of the invoice. The fact that she agreed to give me free parking, shows that it was still available to them. I would suggest the 125 pound saving on the parking now goes into their commission pot, hence why they do not highlight this term when you book the Cruise. I have paid for my parking today and on principle will be taking this further when I return from my Cruise. All my telephone calls are recorded at work, so have asked for the tapes to prove IGLU wrong. I will take them to a small claims court when I return, just on the principle of this matter.Their arrogance today has annoyed to the extent where I need to take this action. SO WATCH OUT IGLU, I WILL GET JUSTICE IN THIS MATTER AND WILL NOT BE BOOKING THROUGH YOU AGAIN!!!

Peter Iglu's Response to DAVIDEFOWLE's Review

Written on: 21/10/2014

Sir - Sorry to read about your problems. We do have policy to inform our customers of how they can ensure that they are able to take advantage of the cruise line's free parking offers.

Contrary to your comments, I can see that the details for booking the parking were provided on our paperwork.

Please be assured that if a customer is unable to take advantage of the free parking deal offered by the cruise line, we do not benefit financially. After all, we want our customers to get the best value from their holiday.