Worst experience of my life

Gracie377's review of HouseTrip - www.housetrip.com

“Worst experience of my life”

Written on: 26/04/2014 by Gracie377 (1 review written)

We booked through house trip months ago even though reviews were mixed I thought we will give it a go.. Big mistake. The host was not replying to any of my emails to confirm times of arrival or details, I emailed housetrip 3 times to assist, which they just kept sending generic responses saying to call or email the host again. Finally the day before our arrival to the country, I got a hold of the host. To have him tell me he was dead and the apartment was unavailable!!! He not only sounded like he was lying BUT told me he contacted house trip over a week prior and then hung up on me! I recieved an email 10minutes later from housetrip informing me the host had cancelled!! Their option was to book another with them and pay the huger cost!! When I saw the ones they were telling me to choose from I almost died!! They were disgusting and completley different from the area I originally chose and quality not to mention a higher cogs which they said I would have to front!! I had to find somewhere on my own with 12 hours until arrival , stressed and incredibly frustrated we found somewhere in the same location but having to pay double the price originally! (It's a very busy time in Rome which is why we booked 4 months in advance) now house trip is failing to answer any of my 5 emails as I have another place booked with them and the host is unresponsive to that too! I am considering legal action.
While some reviews are great, I question the authenticity of them as on other review sites it's an extremes difference of opinion and I would just ask myself why take the risk? This company should be shut down!!!

Andrewhousetrip's Comment

Written on: 01/05/2014

Hello, my name's Andrew and I work for HouseTrip.

I'm so sorry to read that you had a tough time with your booking. I would love to learn more so that I can investigate. Can you please let me know the name attached to your HouseTrip account? I'd ask for an email address but Reviewcentre delete private information.

Thanks so much, I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,