Booking made 3 months in advace cancelled 9 days before trip

Guest's review of HouseTrip - www.housetrip.com

“Booking made 3 months in advace cancelled 9 days...”

Written on: 25/10/2013

I booked an apartment using House Trip 3 months before the trip. When I contacted the host to make arrangements 10 days before my trip, he responded that Housetrip would contact me tomorrow. House trip did contact me, to say the booking was cancelled, with no reason. They'd offer me a 10% discount if they found me a new place. If they didn't they'd refund me. It was not about the money at this point. Luckily I did find another place, but not as good quality as the original apt. I had family travelling from all over the country looking forward to this apartment a block away from Time Square. Housetrip has also prevented me from leaving a review on the property and the owner that cancelled. I would not recommend LEO as a host, in the NYC area. This was a terrible experience. For this, I will not be using House trip again, but have been recommended Home Away by several people instead.

Andrewhousetrip's Comment

Written on: 25/10/2013

Hello, my name is Andrew and I work for HouseTrip.

I am so sorry to learn that your Host cancelled your booking. We take Host cancellations very seriously, and although they are rare we have many systems in place to discourage this activity from occurring. Unfortunately this obviously wasn't enough in your case and the Host did cancel. Without knowing any details about your booking I cannot tell you exactly why. If you would let me know your HouseTrip username I can give you a more specific reason given to us by the Host.

Regarding the fact you couldn't leave a review, if a Host ever does cancel a Guest's booking, we automatically create a 1 star review on their property listing to let future Guests know that they cancelled a booking. This is why you weren't allowed to leave a review, because we had already done so for you.

Once again I am sorry that your preferred property wasn't available to you, and sincerely hope that the discount and alternative we offered served to soften the blow and allow you to enjoy your stay.

With best regards,