My holiday

tuan057784's review of HouseTrip - www.housetrip.com

“My holiday”

Written on: 18/07/2013 by tuan057784 (1 review written)

The cleaning fees should be part of the rental charges like hotel. Housetrip should ensure that there is basic minimum amenities available in the apartment such as cooking facilities, shower gel and shampoo. Some of the apartment is not possible to dry the laundry due to space limitation. The apartment rental fees compared to hotel charges are not cheap yet lack basic facilities.

Andrewhousetrip's Response to tuan057784's Review

Written on: 19/07/2013

Hello tuan057784, thanks for the feedback. My name's Andrew and I work for HouseTrip.

The reason that cleaning fees are stated separately is because Hosts all have different approaches to how they handle cleaning.

Some Hosts will include this in their price and offer it as a standard service, others charge it as an extra and give the Guest to save some money by cleaning up after themselves. We want to offer our Hosts flexibility. However whichever method they choose is clearly stated on the listing so that Guests know what to expect before they arrive.

This also applies to the amenities offered at the apartment; all of which are clearly stated on the page and Guests are given all the information before booking. If there is ever a divergence between what is written on the website and reality, we want to know. If Guests find a discrepancy and contact us within 24 hours their scheduled check-in time, they can call us and we will place payment to the Host on hold while we investigate. This allows us to negotiate with the Host or find the Guest a suitable alternative if they prefer,

Regarding the price not being cheap, we have a huge range of apartments at different price points but holiday apartments offer better value and more space than an equivalent hotel room.

Thanks again for leaving feedback, and I'm sorry you weren't completely satisfied with your HouseTrip experience.

Best regards,