HouseTrip - www.housetrip.com Review

Mic123's review of HouseTrip - www.housetrip.com

“1)House Trip is very Guests focused rather then Hosts....”

Written on: 27/05/2013 by Mic123 (1 review written)

1)House Trip is very Guests focused rather then Hosts. I think there is an unbalance in the relation that makes things a bit difficult sometimes. For example a Host cannot leave a review of a Guest, or a Host cannot leave a review of Houstrip neither, why???

2)To get the payment method changed i have been waiting for 2 weeks and it is still not been changed (and my bank account will be closed soon..).

3)There is no application for the mobile phone.

4)Deposit and cleaning fee are not handle by Houstrip, it makes things a bit more complicated.

5)Many consultation for availability arrive when the calendar is already been marked as unavailable.

As a good point there is the good offers there are on the web, the web site quite easy to use.

Andrewhousetrip's Response to Mic123's Review

Written on: 28/05/2013

Hi there, my name's Andrew and I work for HouseTrip.

Firstly thanks very much for the feedback. Every comment, good or bad, helps us to learn what we can do to make things even better for our Guests and Hosts.

If I may address your points, maybe I can change your mind, or at least leave you with a slightly better impression of HouseTrip and the way we work.

1) At our London office we have two teams, equally divided, delivering new products and features and services to Guests and Hosts. These updates and improvements can't always be released at precise intervals, I'm sure you understand that a larger task takes longer to complete. However recently we have completed our Calendar overhaul and iCal integration, making it a lot easier for Hosts to manage their availability online.

In terms of future projects for Hosts, one of them is a reliable way for Hosts to have more information on their Guests before accepting a booking.

And thirdly, I do apologise but I don't understand what you have in mind about HouseTrip supplying a method for Hosts to review the company? I don't personally see the point of that on housetrip, that's why websites such as reviewcentre exist - to guarantee impartialness.

2) I'm sorry if this has taken time to get changed, I'm afraid that without knowing any of your details, I can't really comment and say whether this is an issue with your bank or not. If you would like to email me (I'll leave my address at the bottom of this note) I'll be happy to look into it for you.

3) We are currently in the process of developing a mobile app for Hosts to make managing their bookings and availability even easier. I can't share anything more with you right now, other than say the app is currently in its alpha testing phase.

4) We do ask that additional fees be handled directly between Guest and Host, thanks for letting us know that you find the current system complicated. I know that many Hosts prefer this method as it allows them greater control and prevents many "he said, she said" scenarios - however I will definitely forward your thoughts on. I know there have been talks about streamlining the way we handle additional fees currently and as I said every comment really does help.

5) You should never receive an Availability Enquiry in your inbox for a date that is marked unavailable.

If you do, please make sure you have marked the period as unavailable in your HouseTrip calendar, or have synchronised it properly.

or send a message to us.

Thanks again for the critique, and I hope that this message has helped answer some of your concerns. Please drop me a line if you have any further questions.

Best regards,