Won't refund money for 30 days if you cancel

Bananajoe's review of HotelsOne - www.hotelsone.com

“Won't refund money for 30 days if you cancel”

Written on: 07/03/2013 by Bananajoe (1 review written)

I reserved 2 nights at a hotel with hotels one. I had to cancel and did so within 2 hours of the reservation and 3 weeks before my trip. They pre-charged my visa even though the website said there would not be any charges until arrival t hotel. When I called to see why my visa still showed the $400 charge even though I had an emai confirming my cancellation their response was "we refunded the charge but it may take 30 days". They blamed the bank even though the bank had no record of a "refund" and was not holding up the transaction. I am disputing the charge with visa and they will not get paid but it still takes time, faxes, and phone calls to get this done. I will never use them again and typically deal directly with the hotels which has served me well in the past. When it's all said and done you can get just as good a price directly as opposed to going through these third parties. Hotels One is a ripoff and if you ever have to cancel you'll find this out the hard way.

Hotelsone's Response to Bananajoe's Review

Written on: 12/03/2013

Dear Bananajoe,

Our sincere apologies! If your entitled a refund we will give you one of course. Can you send us your booking number, so we can investigate this and solve your problem?

Kind regards,
Hotelsone.com

Sophiedog6's Response to Bananajoe's Review

Written on: 12/03/2013

Same thing happened to me. This is a badenterprise designed to rip people off. Should be reported to better business bureau and the police.