Misrepresentations Regarding "Free Cancellation"

uknead2know's review of Hotels.com - www.hotels.com

“Misrepresentations Regarding "Free Cancellation"”

Written on: 01/04/2013 by uknead2know (1 review written)

Because I knew my future travel plans were tentative, I was particularly concerned about Cancellation Policies. Hotels.com uses a "Free Cancellation" promotion on various hotels they advertise (right below the room price). Since the "Free Cancellation" promises differed from the fine print by the hotel, I called Hotels.com to discuss. The agent assured me there would be no fee if cancelled at least 48 hours before the check-in date. Sure enough, my plans changed -- when I attempted to cancel EIGHT (8) Days before the check-in date, Hotels.com charged me for one (of the three) nights.

I called Hotels.com to complain. The outsourced Singapore call center agent (who I could hardly understand due to a strong accent & poor English) finally said, "sorry." So now Hotels.com has $200++ of my money.

This raises trust, confidence and reliability issues. Never again.

Nancydillon's Response to uknead2know's Review

Written on: 11/04/2013

Aafter 36yrs of marriage and thousands of stays in hotels my husband and I agree this was the worst hotel and the filth unbelieveable. The Jameson we stayed at was in Wilson NC. Although it was advertised as a suite, there were no cooking utensils, a bag of onions in the drawer, blood stains on the sofa, a non working bath tub plug, a half working shower, no lid on the commode. When I called the desk to complain I was told by the owner to leave or she was calling the police. We did not leave as it was near midnight and we had our infant grandaughter with us. The police were called to escort us from the hotel. When the officer saw what we were complaining about, he agreed and said he would not stay if he were in that situation. We had not choice but to stay due to the hr and having the baby with us. It was disgusting and the health dept is being notified.