EXCELLENT SEARCH ENGINE BUT . . . . . .

Martin7's review of Hotels.com - www.hotels.com

“EXCELLENT SEARCH ENGINE BUT . . . . . .”

Written on: 18/10/2012 by Martin7 (1 review written)

I have used hotels for several years and have found it to be easily the best site of its type around. The site layout is very clear and concise. The information on hotels is very accurate - its description of hotel rooms, ameneties and distances from local attractions is to be trusted, something I cannot always say about some other sites I could name. I have also found that the room prices quoted are very competitive so I rarely have to look beyond them.
HOWEVER, a recent incident has left me exceedingly frustated. My wife and I had booked a 5 night hotel break in Barcalona.We had paid for the hotel in advance on a no cancellation basis. My wife's sister took ill and died so we were unable to travel. After the funeral I attempted to contact hotels.com to see if it would be possible to take the hotel break at a later time. It was exceedingly difficult to make contact by phone and took me 3 days of phoning regularly. Eventually I suceeded and a kind gentleman told me he would contact the hotel in Barcelona to see if they would make any concession. Since then however despite phoning and trying e-mailing hotels.com I have received no further contact despite assurances to the contrary. I presume these e-mail replies are of the automated variety and I suspect no one has actually done anything to process my request. This is not what I expected. I have now waited over a month. Even if nothing could be done about my booking, the least I hoped for was the promised reply.
I have continued to use hotels .com since as it is still an excellent site but beware if you encounter a problem because you could tear a lot of hair out in frustation befoe you make contact or receive a reply from an actual human being!