Cancelled - 1 week before holiday...

27/180 Chok Thip Villa, Chaofa Rd., Chalong, Phuket, 83130

joiom's review of Hotel Travel - www.hoteltravel.com

“Cancelled - 1 week before holiday...”

Written on: 04/06/2014 by joiom (1 review written)

I booked a pre-cruise holiday to a swanky hotel for my family and my parents (visiting from abroad), for a special treat for us all. I booked it really early to get a good price and have the pressure taken off when the time arrived.

1 week before we were due to leave I received and email saying they had processed MY request to cancel.
I immediately emailed and received very brief email back to say it was due to non-payment - not my request to cancel.

However, I'd received confirmation of the rooms, and had booked previously with my credit card. Nor did I receive any emails / notification that I need to provide further approval / details for payment. I went through my documentation and their website, and saw NOTHING that would have indicated to me that I had not filled my obligations.

I sent a further email... again a brief response that it was due to 'my inability to solve my credit card'. For a start - my credit card had sufficient credit and details had not changed, I wasn't told there was an issue to solve, and when trying to find a new hotel in the area required, it has caused a stress we could all do without before a well needed holiday.

I won't use them again, and recommend everyone else avoiding them - there are plenty of better and more professionally organized online sites available. Stay clear...

By Hoteltravel

Written on: 01/07/2014

Hi,

At the outset, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant instance.

With reference to your complaint, we request you to please share your booking Id or email Id, so that we can look into matter.

Regards,