Their Advertised Prices are Not Real

quito_yume's review of Hotel Travel - www.hoteltravel.com

“Their Advertised Prices are Not Real”

Written on: 06/12/2013 by quito_yume (2 reviews written)

I thought I found some bargains on their website for my upcoming trip so I searched them online to see what their reputation was. Needless to say I came upon a lot of bad reviews for them.

I thought maybe some of these people that were writing bad reviews were overreacting so I decided to contact one of the hotels directly regarding the price I found for their hotel on hoteltravel.com before I purchased.

The reply that I received was that hoteltravel was not accurate in the pricing that they are showing and that the hotel would never honor the price that was listed no matter how many 'vouchers' I showed up with. The hotel, which is a well known 5 star hotel, has been trying to contact hoteltravel.com to get them to correct the information they are advertising on their website but has not been able to reach anybody at hoteltravel.com .

So the lack of communication I have read about with hoteltravel.com goes both ways.. they dont communicate well with their clients or the hotels either. Thank god i checked them out ahead of time because i would have been totally screwed if i had trusted them.

Quito_Yume's Response to quito_yume's Review

Written on: 09/12/2013

a few days later here.. and i received an email from the hotel . they did finally get in touch with someone at hoteltravel.com and the hotel told me that they had them correct the rate.. so i checked the rate on hoteltravel.com website and see that yes in fact the rate went up by almost double now.. when i ask hoteltravel.com about it on their online support they said that the old rate expired.. what a load of you know what.. i asked them what would have happened if i tried to use one of their lousy vouchers knowing the hotel would never honor it and they didnt even bother answering me.