Worst experience

Sadie.1109's review of Hoseasons Holidays

“Worst experience ”

Written on: 29/08/2013 by Sadie.1109 (1 review written)

Booked a holiday in February with Hoseasons under the low deposit scheme. In April I found out I was pregnant, I developed a condition which makes it very difficult to walk and move around and was instructed by my GP not to travel, I contacted hoseasons and cancelled the holiday giving them 6 months notice. I was told I would have to pay £100 cancellation fee unless I could get a medical form filled out by my GP. As most of you reading this review will be aware GP's can take their time over such matters and this took a while to complete and during this time I received court summons from hoseasons demanding I make a payment despite my efforts to contact them. I then sent in the medical certificates and still got asked to pay charges for an upgrade that I did not make and a administration fee to cover the court costs which shouldn't of been made against me. My advice is not to book unless you are 100% sure that you will not have to cancel due to any circumstances. As my experience with hoseasons prove that they are a terrible company that I will not be recommending to any of my friends or family. They have put me through so much stress during a period of my life where I really could be doing without.
Please do not use hoseasons!!

Icryoverspiltmilk's Response to Sadie.1109's Review

Written on: 29/08/2013

The £100 "Cancellation fee" is not a cancellation fee,this £100 is needed to bring your Low Deposit up to a Standard Deposit. Before cancelling, you should had paid enough to make the low deposit into a standard deposit, then cancel the holiday at the loss of standard deposit, which is how much you lose with this amount of notice. When booking the holiday, you should have been made aware of the low deposit terms, including that you need to make your low deposit into a standard deposit before you can cancel the booking. It is not the companies fault if you chose not to thoroughly read and accept the low deposit terms before confirming the booking.

Sadie.1109's reply to Icryoverspiltmilk's Comment

Written on: 30/08/2013

I did read the companies terms and conditions. I do understand that and it's not the money I'm mad over. It's the threats, I received a letter threatening to take me to court 23 days after cancellation, then I contacted the company to explain my circumstances and they said they would wave the fee if I got my GP to fill out a form of theirs, which I did do, but GP's took their time and I did it at my own expense too.. In which time I received another letter asking for payment, so I rang the number on the letter and emailed 10x plus with no response, left answer phone messages asking for them to contact me, no response. Then I received a court summons. When I FINALLY got in touch with them they agreed it was their fault and I should ignore the court summons but may still have to pay the court fee if I couldn't produce a medical certificate. The medical certificate was sent off and then I receive another letter saying this has been accepted so now I don't need to pay the deposit fee I need to pay an upgrade fee for an upgrade I didn't make and a administration fee for the court proceedings. If you don't think this is bad customer service and a reason never to use the company again then you must be willing to accept some pretty disgusting behaviour. I work for a company who put their customers first and accept that sometimes life doesn't work out the way they planned