pushy & rude sales staff

Guest's review of Hoodaki www.hoodaki.com

“pushy & rude sales staff”

Written on: 18/02/2013

Id been phoning around for cheap flights to Melbourne - out Feb, back Mch 2013.
When I spoke to [name removed] he gave me flight details that suited and I asked him to hold them as I was uncertain about the fare £795. He said he would send me an 'e signature' that I should return.
My friend who was helping me search told me there was a cheaper fare available which I wanted to pursue, but [name removed] phoned back and was putting quite a bit of pressure on me to sign and confirm his booking. He asked what my hesitation was and I told him it was the fare. He insisted that the fare he was offering was as cheap as I would find it. I asked if I signed, but then found a cheaper fare - would he be able to match it. He said that he would if I could find something within the following 24hrs. I therefore signed the e form on this understanding.

Well I did find a fare of £775.49 - for exactly the same flights as he had booked and I phoned straight back - within 2hrs, but I could only get his answer machine, so I sent an email, as follows -

Hello [name removed],
Many thanks for forwarding the Electronic ticket,

However I wish to remind you that you said that if I could find the same available flight details at a cheaper price - that you would be able to match it.
Well I did find a flight within the hour - with a company called Major and they offered exactly the same flights for £775.49.

I did call you back straight away but was only able to leave a message on your answer phone as you must have left the office.
I have tried to call back again this evening and once again I got your answer machine.
I do hope that this inability to speak with you is not going to affect your promise to match the fares?
I also trust the issuing of the Electronic ticket will not influence the process of a refund.
I know it is only a difference of £25, but it is an important £25 to me!

I would be very grateful if you could get back to me about this at your earliest convenience.
Regards
Fiona Coomber

His reply to me was very dismissive, if not condescending-

Dear Ms. Coomber,

I don’t know where are you getting such fare, in fact cost of the ticket for the same date on Royal Brunei has gone up by £22.
So please let me know, can we charge another £22 from your same card.

Big Regards,

[name removed]

My final reply to him read as follows-

Well [name removed],
I really don't know what to make of your reply.
Your answer sounds disrespectful and mocking.

You have not answered or addressed any of my questions.
I did tell you where I got the fare and you have completely disregarded this information.

When you said that If I could find a cheaper fare that you would be able to match it - I thought you were being serious.
As I do not have a lot of money it matters very much to me to save as much as I can, and I believed that you would honour your word.

You are obviously telling me that the fare has gone up, and of course I will not be paying the increased cost.
Why should I ? - the airlines seem to have an arbitrary fare system that neither makes sense or is anyway fair.
One day its up, the next day its down, its all a game of swings and roundabouts and they make plenty enough profit.
but it doesn't mean I shouldn't try and get the best deal available for myself.

The fare might have gone up £22 since my inquires, but it was available at a lower price on the day you took my booking.

In conclusion, I did not like the way I was treated and would not in good faith be able to recommend your company.

Why was I told that a lower fare would be matched, and then totally dismissed out of hand when put to the test?

all things considered I would say that it was pretty poor customer service.