Avoid this company! They will try to rip you off,terrible!!!

477Wallace's review of Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk

“Avoid this company! They will try to rip you...”

Written on: 11/06/2014 by 477Wallace (1 review written)

I thought i was getting a good deal when i was quoted £1600 on the website,I thought my money was safe when i read on the homepage that no money would be debited from my account until my holiday booking was confirmed.Approximately 1 hour after making the booking a salesperson called to run through the details,all sounded good.An hour later he called back and said those flights were no longer available(common practice from holiday gems i believe)the holiday was now going to cost £1950.I explained that this was more than i wanted to spend and could get the holiday cheaper elsewhere.This is when i was informed that £1600 had already been taken from my account.After an hour in queue on premium rate number to aftersales when i finally spoke to someone about getting refund they cut me off.Another hour on hold on premium rate number and i got to speak to someone else who told me it would be at least a week until i got my money refunded so i asked for a manager to contact me which they never did,I tried contact by email,Im still waiting for a response 3 weeks later.Eleven days after taking my money,lots of sleepless nights and worrying the money did finally go back into my account,no apology or compensation for premium rate phonecalls though.I booked through A1 travel in the end,great service and the exact price i was quoted on the website! I would strongly advise anyone to avoid this company!

Customerliaison's Comment

Written on: 12/06/2014

We sincerely apologise for the issues raised in this review. Although refunds are raised by the agent immediately, the accounting process means that funds are only shown in your account 7-10 working days later. We have no record of an email to our admin department regarding this issue and regret that this could not be responded to. Our after sales department is experiencing unprecedented high call volumes at present and we regret that the delay experienced is a matter over which we have no control. Once again, we do apologise for the issues raised and trust that you will enjoy the holiday booked.