Never again

Lapot's review of Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk

“Never again”

Written on: 20/03/2014 by Lapot (1 review written)

I booked a holiday to Turkey on this site in the evening feeling happy . On the next day someone named John called me to finalise the deal. He told me that flight prices were changed. I was surprised and asked why? He told me the holiday was booked at night time and that flight was gone by the time the office was opened in the morning , now there is a new flight at higher price. Then I said I bet if I now did another online search for the same holiday the same flight will come at same price. He said they were old prices, I said why you put old flight prices online ,why you are lying to the people? Then he started getting abusive and started telling me maybe I get you a holiday which you can afford, How cheeky!! I said to him how do you know how much I can afford, I did a search on your web page and this deal came up, as far as I am concern I bought that deal. I asked him to cancel the deal, and he started telling me I should go Greece by indicating it is somewhere that I can afford. It is so annoying a holiday operator (no disrespect) telling you what you can afford or not. He even told me don’t ever come to our web page again, I replied don’t worry it will never happen again. So my point for this web page is ZERO for your info…..

Customerliaison's Response to Lapot's Review

Written on: 20/03/2014

Thank you for your comments. However we note that you placed an online order and did not make a booking and there is a fundamental difference between the two. Should we not be able to honour the online costs our agents will always try and find alternatives within the budget. Our agent meant no disrespect in offering alternatives and was endeavouring to source a holiday which matched the budget of the online order. His recorded notes indicate that these offers were made only as a service. As you specifically wanted the holiday as ordered and offered no flexibility we were unable to proceed with the confirmation and cancelled the order as per your instruction. We do trust that you will source the holiday to your satisfaction.