Dealing with Holiday Gems is hard work & they disappoint

Guest's review of Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk

“Dealing with Holiday Gems is hard work and they disappoint”

Written on: 02/10/2013

I booked with them in June 2013 for a holiday in October 2013 (Gran Canaria). The first problem was that my holiday went up in price from teh deal I agreed with them. They said the flights were not available at the price they quoted me. In hindsight, if I had booked them myself (RyanAir) then I would have saved at least £75 per person.

Then it was torture to get priority boarding and seat reservations. In fact, they told me I would have to do seat reservations at check in. Of course, when I got to check in there were no pre-bookable seats available.

Then when I get to my resort I don't get the room that I paid for. It appears that HolidayGems took my money for a room with seaview but booked a lower class of room. So, they have in fact spoiled my holiday and to be honest, I don;t think they really care about that.

SO, my advice is to avoid them. Use someone that can be relied on or even better - book it yourself if you can.It will save you a lot of time and heartache.